The white Chicken Chili soup. Learn how to cook a terrific chicken chili soup!
- 1 ½ – 2 lbs. pre-cooked chicken – like rotisserie style or boiled breasts – shredded
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 small can diced green chilies
- 2 tsps. chili powder – or to taste
- 24 oz. Monterey jack cheese– shredded
- 4 cans northern white beans – undrained
- 1 medium onion – chopped
- 3 garlic cloves – minced
- ½ tsp hot pepper flakes
- pinch paprika
- In a large soup pot, add a little olive oil and lightly sauté the onion and garlic. When the onion has softened, add the broth and cook until it’s getting hot over a low flame.
- Add in all the ingredients except for the cheese and slowly bring back to a boil. Don’t forget to drain the chilies.
- After a few minutes, lower the heat then let it simmer and cook for about 20 minutes so that everything is hot and all the flavors have blended.
- When the soup is very hot and has cooked for a while, start adding the shredded cheese little at a time. Stir constantly or the cheese will fall and stick to the bottom of the pot. Taste for salt and pepper.
- Have a wonderful meal with your white chicken chili soup! This will even turn out great when served with corn muffins.