Light and filled with lemon freshness, this is a perfect and delicious cake for dessert, breakfast or a snack. A real delight!
- 1 ½ cups flour – sifted
- 15 oz. ricotta – whole milk drained
- 3 eggs – large
- 1 -2 lemons – zested and juiced
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ¾ cup (1 ½ sticks) butter – room temp.
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- pinch of salt
- powdered sugar – for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
- Using butter and powdered sugar, grease and dust a 9-inch springform pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the butter and sugar until well combined and creamy. Add the ricotta and blend until light and fluffy for about 5 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating them after each addition. Then add the vanilla extract, lemon zest and lemon juice. Mix all until well combined.
- Add the flour and mix in, scraping down the sides of the bowl as you go along to make sure all is well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared springform pan and bake for 40-55 minutes, or until the cake is set and a tester inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Let it cool for 15 minutes on a wire rack before removing it from the sides of the pan. Cool completely on a wire rack and then sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- You made it! Serve and enjoy every slice of this amazing lemon ricotta cake.