The awesome Fettuccine e Gamberi or Pasta and Shrimp. A classic recipe to have.
- 1 lb fettuccine
- 20 medium shrimp – cleaned
- 1 cup flour
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 pint cream – reduced
- 2 garlic cloves – chopped
- ½ cup white wine
- 4 tbs olive oil
- Reduce the cream by cooking it down until it has reduced somewhat.
- Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan. Flour the shrimp and sauté until they start to become pink.
- Add the white wine, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add the garlic and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the cream and continue cooking over low heat.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta in a large pot of salted water until al dente.
- Drain and spread the cooked pasta over the sauce in the pan. Add a pat or two of butter and some Parmigiano cheese for a little extra flavor.
- Toss well and serve your Fettuccine e Gamberi, maybe with a little extra freshly ground black pepper. Of course, in our house we’ll be passing some freshly grated cheese for sprinkling!