The creamy Cajun Linguine. A Simply delicious, spicy recipe for two.
- ½ lb. linguine
- 1 ½ tbs. garlic – minced
- 1 tb. cajun seasonings – or to taste
- 1 tb lemon juice – freshly squeezed
- ⅓ cup half and half chopped chives – for garnish
- 3 tbs. butter
- 1 small shallot – minced
- ¼ cup white wine
- ⅓ heavy cream
- Freshly ground black pepper – or to taste
- Boil linguine in a large pot of salted boiling water until al dente.
- In the meantime, in a large saucepan melt the butter over medium heat. Add the shallot, garlic, Cajun seasonings and stir for a few minutes until all well blended.
- Slowly add white wine and let cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally. Add lemon juice and cook for an additional minute while stirring.
- Making sure everything is well combined, slowly stir in the heavy cream followed by the half and half. Allow both to cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn heat down to low and allow the sauce to thicken – about 4 or 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from the heat, add drained linguine and toss to coat. Garnish with finely chopped chives.
- Cajun Linguine can now be served.
NOTE: To make this dish even heartier, add some peeled and deveined shrimp and cook in the sauce until pink all over. Also, I never can stress this enough; never cook with an inferior or cheap wine. It can ruin a good meal. Always cook with a wine you will enjoy drinking while cooking and drinking while eating.