This is another one of our Christmas breakfast favorites. It is, also, a great brunch cobbler and delicious when served as a dessert with ice cream. It’s also one that we make ahead, freeze and bring to our family beach vacations to have with breakfast. Of course for the beach I have to make 2 to feed 20+ hungry people so I usually make one peach and one raspberry and everybody is happy.
- 2 Cups Pioneer Biscuit Mix
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 2 Cups Whole Milk
- 2 Eggs – lightly beaten
- ¼ Cup Butter – melted and cooled
- 21 Oz Can Fruit Pie Filling – your choice
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- Additional Sugar – for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly grease a 9” X 12’ baking dish. Glass works best.
- Combine biscuit mix and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add milk and eggs and mix well – about 50 – 60 strokes.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
- Pour melted butter evenly over surface.
- Spoon pie filling on top and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake for 50 –60 minutes until brown on top.
- When still warm sprinkle with additional sugar or a mixture of sugar and cinnamon.