For the crumble:
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- For the crumb, combine the dry ingredients in a small bowl. Using a fork or your fingers, gently work in the butter until pea-sized lumps are formed.
For the cake:
- 1 tablespoon butter, for greasing the pan
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups rhubarb, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
Combine the eggs, sugar, salt, and almond extract in a large bowl.
Beat on high until the mixture triples in volume, about five minutes.
Fold in the melted butter, flour, and rhubarb.
Evenly spread the thick batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the crumb topping evenly over the top.
Bake for 60 to 75 minutes, until the topping is deeply golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Remove the cake from the pan when it’s completely cool.
Rhubarb almond crumb cake is now ready to be serve.