Pizza Dolce is the perfect Italian sweet pie. Such a quick and easy sweet treat to enjoy any time of day.
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups ricotta – drained
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsps zested orange peel
- 2 tsps zested lemon peel
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Beat the eggs slowly with an electric mixer, adding them to the bowl one at a time until they become thick and foamy.
- Stir in the ricotta, flour, sugar, vanilla, orange and lemon zests, until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 9-inch pie pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes until firm.
- Your Pizza Dolce is now ready to be served!
NOTE: This will not work well with low-fat ricotta, so only use whole milk for this dessert.