The best chicken recipe ever! Almond crusted chicken that’s crunchy on the outside and moist on the inside and it’s gluten free.
- 3/4-1 cup of almonds -depending on the size of the chicken
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 4 chicken breast halves 4 small or 2 large
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1egg–slightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine the first six ingredients (through the salt) in a food processor. Pulse until the almonds are chopped fairly small.
- Pour the almond mixture in a shallow bowl.
- Pour the beaten egg in a shallow bowl.
- Salt the front and back of each piece of chicken.
- Working with one piece at a time, dip the chicken in the egg and then coat with the almond mixture making sure to pat the mixture into the chicken.
- Place the chicken on a non-stick baking sheet or one lined with parchment paper.
- Drizzle olive oil over top of chicken to help make crispy.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes and remove from oven.
- Let rest for 3 minutes to let juices redistribute
- Serve hot this Gluten Free Almond Crusted Chicken.
Notes: This is the gluten-free version. If you would like to make this a breaded almond chicken, you can substitute 1/4 cup of the almonds with bread crumbs to add a little extra breading to the chicken.