- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 cup chicken stock
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup light cream
- 3 tbs butter – unsalted
- pinch of nutmeg
- 2 tbs flour
- 1 egg yolk -lightly beaten
- Wash chicken, dry and remove backbone.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and saute’ in butter over a medium flame until golden brown on all sides. In about 20 minutes the chicken should be cooked through.
- Transfer to a serving dish and keep hot.
- Combine, flour, chicken stock and cream and add to the pan where the chicken was just fried.
- Cook over a low flame, stirring constantly until the sauce is thick and smooth.
- Adjust seasonings.
- Remove from the heat, mix in the slightly beaten egg yolk and return to the stove.
- Cook over very low heat for another minute or two longer, stirring until all has thickened. If the sauce looks lumpy, strain.
- Otherwise pour over the chicken and serve with a side of rice a nice salad and some crust Italian bread.