- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter – almost room temp
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup chopped nuts – your favorite
- ¾ cup raspberry preserves -or your favorite
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Add yolks and blend one at a time until well combined
- Add flour gradually and when all combined add the nuts.
- In a 9” X 13” pan where the bottom is very slightly greased, spoon half of the batter. Top with preserves and cover all with remaining batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes and the top should be golden brown.
- For a special dessert top with freshly whipped cream.