The very Enticing Saltimbocca Alla Romana. If you wish for a simple and light meat as a meal or a snack, this is for you! Have this in your table. This would certainly make you full without over stretching your stomach.
- 2 large veal scallopini of veal – well pounded, 2 per person
- 1 fresh sage leaf – for each scallopini
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 thin slice of prosciutto – for each scallopini
- ½ stick of butter
- 4 tbs flour
- Make a sandwich with one scallopini and one slice of prosciutto, putting a sage leaf in between. Flour them on the meat side only.
- In a frying pan, melt the butter and add the garlic.
- Sauté the scallopini first on the prosciutto side.
- After you have sautéed the scallopini on the other side for about 1 minute, add the wine to the pan.
- Let it thicken a bit.
- Your Saltimbocca Alla Romana is now ready to be served!
Note: Spinach sautéed in a little olive oil and chopped garlic is the traditional side dish for saltimbocca.