Always handy to have on hand and ready to bake!
Makes about 48
- 1 cup butter – cubed
- 2 cups flour
- 8 oz sharp cheddar cheese – grated
- pinch of salt – to taste
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 cups rice krispies
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Cut butter into flour until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Stir in cheese, red pepper and salt. Fold in cereal.
- Shape into 1-inch balls and place on an ungreased baking sheet, 2-inches apart.
- Flatted each ball.
- Bake in batches for 15 minutes.
- Refrigerate remaining cheese balls while one batch is baking.
If you have a little extra time today, whip up a few batches of these Cheese Wafers and freeze the rolls, that are tightly sealed in plastic wrap. When you need a quick “munchie” these will bake up quickly.