¼ CUP ALMONDS
FRESHLY GROUND BLACK PEPPER
1 CUP FRESH TOMATOES – chopped
1TB GARLIC PASTE – or 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced, to taste
½ CUP FRESH ITALIAN BASIL LEAVES – packed
¼ CUP FRESHLY GRATED CHEESE – your favorite
4 CHICKEN BREASTS – boneless
2 TBS SUN DRIED TOMATO PASTE
2 TBS EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- In a blender or food processor, combine the almonds, garlic cloves or garlic paste, basil, salt, and pepper (to your taste).
- Add the tomatoes, cheese, sun dried tomato paste, oil, and process until finely chopped.
If too thick add a little water or live oil.
- Heat a grill pan or your barbeque grill.
- Salt and pepper the chicken and place on the hot grill.
- Cook 4 minutes or just until cooked through depending on the thickness of the chicken.
- Transfer chicken to a serving platter and spoon the prepared sauce overall.
NOTE: Serve hot or at room temperature. This goes well with some sautéed rapini and a nice salad and some crusty Italian bread.