Here is the awesome Pork Chops with Vinegar Peppers.
3 TBS SUGAR
SALT and PEPPER – to taste
4 (8 oz) PORK RIB CHOPS – bone-in, 1-inch thick
1/3 CUP FLOUR
2-3 TBS OLIVE OIL
1 ONION – halved, thinly sliced
8 GARLIC CLOVES – peeled, crushed
2 ANCHOVY FILLETS – rinsed, dried, minced
2 CUPS GREEN VINEGAR PEPPERS – thinly sliced
1 SPRIG ROSEMARY
1 TB BUTTER – unsalted
½ CUP RED WINE VINEGAR
1 CUP CHICKEN BROTH
- Dissolve sugar and 3 tbs salt in 1 ½ quarts of cold water in a large container.
- Add chops, cover, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes but no more than 1hour.
- In a shallow dish, add flour.
- Remove cops from brine, pat dry and season with freshly ground back pepper.
- Working with 1 chop at a time, dredge both sides, well, in flour, lightly shaking off excess.
- Heat 1 or a little more tablespoons of oil in a large heavy skillet that is at least 12-inches.
- Heat over medium heat just until the oil gets very hot and then add chops and cook until well browned on one side for 6 or 7 minutes, then turn over and cook on the other side for a minute or two.
- Transfer to a plate browned side up.
- Reduce pan heat to medium, and add remaining oil, then onion, garlic and anchovies to the empty pan.
- Cook, stirring often, until the onions are golden brown.
- Add peppers and rosemary and cook until the peppers begin to caramelize about 5 minutes.
- Slowly add broth and vinegar and bring to a boil.
- Arrange chops, with the browned side up in the skillet along with all the accumulated juices.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until the chops register 145º – 8-10 minutes.
- Transfer chops to a serving platter and tent loosely with foil.
- Increase heat to high and boil sauce until it thickens slightly – app. 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in butter and season with salt, and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- Stir in any accumulated juices from the plate into the sauce. Discard rosemary and spoon sauce over chops.
This is a great dish to serve with mashed potatoes or polenta!