Here’s a delicious and easy summer dish – the curried seafood salad!
- 3 cups flakes crab meat- imitation is fine
- 1 cup fresh pea pods – sliced
- 8 oz Ricotta – whole milk, drained
- 1/3 cup scallions – chopped
- 2 tbs orange juice
- 2 tbps curry powder – or to taste
- Pinch of salt – to taste
- 1 medium cucumber – sliced
- Lettuce or fresh spinach leaves for serving
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds – toasted
In a medium bowl, combine crab meat, pea pods and scallions.
To prepare the dressing, in a food processor, combine ricotta, yogurt or sour cream and orange juice.
Give a pulse or two and then add curry powder, and salt. Process until smooth and creamy.
Add 2/3 cup of dressing to seafood mixture and toss well to combine.
Arrange lettuce leaves and cucumber slices on 4 individual serving plates or cups.
Mound seafood mixture on top and garnish with almonds.
Put remaining dressing on the side for topping.
Curried seafood salad is now ready to be served!