“Beads and Bling – It’s a Mardi Gras Thing”! Enjoy a sense of Mardi Gras without leaving home! Make this delicious New Orleans treat, blow up a few balloons, put on a fancy mask, toss some confetti and enjoy.
- 4 slices bacon – finely chopped
- 8 tbs butter – unsalted
- 6 -7 scallons – finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves – finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks – finely chopped
- 1 yellow onion – finely chopped
- 1 large tomato – seeded, finely chopped
- 1 yellow, red or orange pepper – finely chopped
- 1-2 tsp paprika – or to taste
- freshly ground black pepper – to taste
- pinch of cayenne – or to taste
- kosher salt – to taste
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 ½ cups fish or chicken stock
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 3 tbs louisiana hot sauce – to taste
- cooked white rice
- 2 lbs crawfish tails – par-cooked, peeled
- 2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup parsley – chopped
- extra parsley – for garnish
- Cook bacon in a large heavy-duty saucepot over medium-high heat until rendered – app. 3-4 minutes.
- Add butter, scallions, garlic, celery, onions, tomatoes and peppers and cook until soft – app 8 minutes.
- Stir in thyme, paprika, cayenne, salt and pepper and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in flour, cook for about 2 minutes and then slowly add stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and continue cooking until reduced by one-third – app. 12 – 15 minutes.
- Add crawfish, cook until hot.
- Stir in cream, hot sauce, Worcestershire Sauce and parsley.
- Serve with rice and pass more hot sauce.
- Sprinkle with extra parsley, if desired.