Here is one of the best desert, the Strawberry – Rhubarb tart.
- 1 9″ Pie shell
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- 2 ½ cups fresh rhubarb – chopped
- 1 ¼ cups granulated sugar
- 3 tbs butter -cubed
- Chill the prepared pie crust for one hour. Preheat the oven to 375º. Rinse, destem and cut the strawberries in half.
- For the filling, combine the rhubarb, strawberries, sugar, salt and lemon juice in a bowl and toss to combine all. Pour into the chilled crust. Dot the top of the filling with the butter cubes. Bake in a preheated oven for 50 – 60 minutes, or until the filling begins to bubble and the rhubarb is tender.
- Cool to room temperature and serve or refrigerate. Top with ice cream or sweetened whipped cream for a perfect dessert.
- Serve your Strawberry – Rhubarb tart.