Craving for something cold sweet? Then take time to make your own refreshing strawberry squares! They are a delicious frozen treat just perfect for a warmer and summer weather!
- 2 cups fresh strawberries – sliced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup light brown sugar – packed
- ½ cup walnuts – chopped
- 2 egg whites
- ½ cup butter – melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice – freshly squeezed
- Preheat oven to 350ºC (180ºC) and grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. In a bowl, stir all together the flour, brown sugar, walnuts, melted butter and then spread out on the prepared pan. Toast in the oven for about 15 minutes or when you can already smell the fragrance of the walnuts. While in the oven, occasionally check on it and stir as well.
- Sprinkle 2/3 of the walnut mixture evenly on the 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whip the egg whites with the lemon juice until they can hold a soft peak. Gradually add the white sugar as you continue to whip until stiff peaks form. Fold in the strawberries.
- In a separate bowl, whip the cream with an electric mixer just until stiff and fold into the strawberry mixture. Spoon over to the crust in the baking dish and spread evenly. Top with the remaining walnut mixture.
- Freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Cut into squares to serve. There you have it, your awesome and easy-to-make strawberry squares!