Crab puppies is a great stand-alone appetizer and even better when sipping a great wine or a nice cold glass of beer!
- 1 lb crab meat – picked over
- 1 cup ritz crackers – crushed
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp old bay seasoning
- 1 egg – beaten
- 2 tbs fresh parsley -chopped
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 1 tb worcestershire sauce
- Place crab meat in a mixing bowl. And pick over for any loose sells. Add crushed crackers, Old Bay Seasoning and parsley and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine egg, mustard, lemon juice, Worcestershire Sauce and whip with a whisk until smooth and a bit frothy. Pour over the crab meat and crackers and mix gently to not break up the crab meat too much.
- Mold into golf ball size and place on a cookie sheet. If time allows cool in refrigerator for about 20 to set. Bake in an oven pre-heated to 350º for about 30 minutes. Drizzle with melted butter and cool slightly.
- These are great served plain or with a sauce made of ketchup and horseradish.
NOTE: We have made a meal with just these tasty Puppies by adding a side of creamy cole slaw.