Very rich, easy to make and a real crowd pleaser!
- 2 (3 oz pkgs) instant vanilla pudding
- 1 large contained frozen whipped topping
- 3 cups milk – whole
- 1 large package chocolate graham crackers
- ¼ cup milk
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder – unsweetened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 tsp vanilla – or more to taste
- In a large bowl combine pudding mix and 3 cups milk and mix well.
- Fold in whipped topping and beat with mixer for a few minutes.
- Butter a 9X13-inch baking dish and cover bottom with a layer of graham crackers.
- Spread ½ of the pudding mixture carefully over the graham crackers.
- Top the pudding with another layer of graham crackers, spread remaining pudding mix over this layer of crackers and top and cover with graham crackers.
To make the topping:
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine ¼ cup milk, cocoa and sugar and allow to boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and add butter and vanilla. Mix well and cool.
- Pour cooled sauce over top graham cracker layer and refrigerate until set.