Here is a Grand kid’s Delight, the Chocolate chunk skillet cookie.
- 1 stick butter
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350º. Cut chocolate into chunks.
- Melt butter in a cast iron skillet or one that is oven proof and preferably one that is 8-inches. Set skillet over medium-low heat.
- Stir in sugars and vanilla and remove from heat. Let rest until the pan is no longer hot but just warm.
- Crack an egg onto the butter and sugar mixture and using a fork whisk it into the mixture.
- Place flour, baking. soda, and salt on top and very carefully stir into the mixture until smooth and everything is well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chunks. Place pan in the preheated oven for 15-25 minutes, or until starting to turn golden on top and around the edges, but still slightly soft in the center.
- Serve topped your Chocolate chunk skillet cookie with Cool Whip or a side of your favorite ice-cream.
NOTE: This is a great treat to make with the grand kids (even though this is a favorite with both young and old) because they can add extra toppings that they like.