This is a big hit in our family and subsequently was a Father’s Day dinner on more than one occasion, inspired in part by Bistecca alla Fiorentina which is a story for another day.
This dish is best served with a nice helping of creamy mashed potatoes. And, of course, some crusty Italian bread.
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1 large garlic clove – minced
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tbs ground cummin
- 12 thick rib lamb shops
- 2 tbs salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a food processor, combine arugula, parsley and garlic.
- Pulse to combine, slowly adding the olive oil.
- Pour into a small serving bowl, drizzle in the vinegar and cumin, stir very well and set aside.
- Season the lamb chops by spreading a little olive oil on each chop and then sprinkling with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Massage this well into the chops and set aside to rest.
- Broil or grill, as you desire, until the chops are medium rare, put on a platter to rest for a minute or two to retain their juices and then top with the chimichurri just before serving.
Note: Arugula is also known as rucola or rocket.