The Mahi mahi. A delicious Hawaiian fish recipe, so easy to make and
so good when prepared with this delicious sauce and mango chunks.
This dish can be gluten free or not. Your choice!
SERVING: Serves 3
3 MAHI MAHI FILLETS – skinless
1 TB COCONUT OIL
½ CUP TAMARI (gluten free soy sauce)
1 TB GLUTEN FREE FLOUR
1 LARGE GARLIC CLOVE – minced
1 TB HONEY– or to taste
1 TB GLUTEN FREE RICE VINEGAR
1 CUP MANGO CHUNKS
- MAKING THE SAUCE: In a glass measuring cup or a bowl, whisk your tamari soy sauce, garlic, honey, gluten free rice vinegar and gluten free flour all together and stir until well combined and lump free. You can use this sauce to marinate your fish fillets for a couple of hours before pan searing or cooking or you can just pour right over the fillets in the pan.
- In a skillet or frying pan, heat coconut oil over medium heat.
- When hot, sear the fish on each side for about 3 minutes each. Note: if the fish doesn’t want to release from the pan and is sticking, that means it needs a little more cookin time until it releases fairly easily and you can flip it.
- If you didn’t marinade, you can pour your sauce over the fish immediately.
- Top with the mango chunks now and let the juices seep into the fish and the sauces. The fish should now be tender and flaky and covered with a sticky sauce.
- OPTIONALLY, top with some shredded basil, cilantro or mint and enjoy.