1 LB ZITI
2 TBS BUTTER
1 SMALL ONION – chopped
1 ½ CUPS GREEN PEAS
1 SMALL CARROT – chopped
14 OZ ITALIAN PLUM TOMATOES
1 CELERY STALK – chopped
8 OZ FRESH MUSHROOMS
2 TBS EXTR VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
8 OZ GROUND BEEF
4 OZ WHITE WINE
2 TSP GARLIC – chopped
1 PINT HEAVY CREAM
6 TBS PARMIGIANO RGIANO
- Clean the mushrooms with a damp cloth or paper towel, slice and sauté in some olive oil with a sprinkle of salt and a few slices of garlic.
- Place the olive oil in a sauté pan that is large enough to accommodate the cooked pasta.
- Heat the oil over medium heat and add the onions, carrots and celery.
- Cook until they start to brown and then add the beef. As soon as the meat starts to brown add the wine and continue cooking until the wine has evaporated.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add the cream and continue cooking for an additional 10 minutes
- In the meantime, cook the ziti in a pot of salted water.
- Cook only until al dente.
- Drain the pasta and place in the pan in the sauce.
- Now add the butter, mushrooms and freshly grated Parmigiano cheese and peas.
- Toss thoroughly and serve. Pass extra cheese for topping.