Zabaglione is a light creamy Italian treat made with deliciously sweet Marsala wine.
This dessert is simple to make and can be easily flavored in a variety of different ways.
Just add some different liquors like Amaretto di Saronno to enhance this already wonderful dessert.
This Venetian specialty will compliment any Italian dinner.
Served in a martini or wine glass topped with fresh raspberries, blueberries or strawberries this dessert will turn your dining table into an elegant masterpiece.
- 6 to 8 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of sweet Marsala wine
- 1 oz. of your favorite liquor (optional)
- whipped cream
- In the top part of a double boiler or a metal bowl, mix the sugar and egg yolks together using a mixer or whisk until creamy.
- Slowly mix in the Marsala and the liquor if desired.
- Place on top of a simmering pot of water and whisk until custard is thick.
- Make sure the water is not boiling so not to cook the eggs.
Spoon into a glass and top with whipped cream and berries and serve warm.
For a lighter dessert just mix some whipped cream into the custard.
Source and pictures: GreatChicago