Here is the Torta Mirabelle or Mirabelle Plum Cake. If you like plum cake, try this delicious recipe!!
SERVINGS: Serves 4
- 1 lb plums
- 4 eggs
- 5 oz sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 7 oz all-purpose flour
- 1 oz butter
- 12 almonds , toasted and peeled
- Wash the plums: stone them and arrange neatly side by side on the bottom of an oven-dish, previously well buttered and sprinkled with sugar, laying them out with the cut part on the bottom.
- Work the yolks to a cream with the rest of the sugar.
- Add the egg whites beaten to stiff peaks with a pinch of salt, then blend in the butter and the flour, and dilute everything with the milk.
- Pour the preparation over the plums and tap the oven-dish so that the batter penetrates between the pieces of fruit, without leaving any gaps.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 425°F for 35-40 minutes.
- After this time, when cooked, turn out the dessert onto a large circular plate and fix onto each plum a toasted, peeled almond.
Source and picture: Academia Barilla