Who says pies can’t have cheese?
Our Italian Cheese Pie gets its rich and creamy texture from ricotta cheese combined with delicious lemon flavors.
- 1/2 (15-ounce) package refrigerated pie crust
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1 (10-ounce) jar lemon curd
- Whipped cream for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Unroll pie crust and place in a 9-inch pie plate.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the eggs, sugar, vanilla, ricotta cheese, and lemon peel until well blended. Pour into pie crust.
- Bake 60 to 65 minutes, or until filling is set and edges are golden. Let cool.
- Evenly spread lemon curd on top of pie.
- Chill 4 hours, or until ready to serve. Dollop with whipped cream.
- For an extra special touch, garnish with fresh raspberries or your favorite fruit.
- Don’t worry if the center of the pie falls slightly after you take it out of the oven…mine usually does, and it still tastes great!