- ¾ lb arborio rice
- 4 tbs butter
- 6 oz fresh spinach leaves – rinsed and chopped
- 4 tbs olive oil
- 1 small onion – chopped
- 6 tbs parmigiano
- 1 celery stalk – chopped
- salt – to taste
- 1 small carrot – chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 quart chicken broth
- Saute’ the spinach, carrot, onion and celery in olive in a saucepan.
- Add the rice and cook for one minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the broth, a little at a time and only when the previous addition of broth has been consumed.
- Stir well to make sure the rice does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- When the rice has absorbed the liquid and is al dente, add the butter and Parmigiano cheese.
- Stir well and serve in bowls.