This homemade Pecan Pound Cake is the most moist and tastiest pound cake ever! It is filled with flavor and makes a fine dessert but an even better breakfast cake.
- 1 cup pecans – chopped
- 1 tb flour
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- pinch of salt – if using unsalted butter
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup pecans – coarsely chopped
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter – room temperature
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- grated zest from 1 orange
- ½ cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 325º and spray a tube pan or angel food cake pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl mix the ¼ cup pecans with 1 tablespoon of sugar and stir to get all combined. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup chopped pecans with 1 tablespoon flour. Stir well then set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour and 1 teaspoon baking powder. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Slowly add in eggs (one at a time.) Then stir in two teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- Once combined, slowly add in flour mixture. Then stir in sour cream and grated orange zest.
- Finally, stir in (by hand) floured pecans. Batter will be thick.
- Pour batter into prepared angel food cake pan.
- Using the back of a spoon, spread out batter as evenly as possible.
- Top batter with ¼ cup chopped pecans sprinkled with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake for about 55-65 minutes (until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.)
- Allow to cool for an hour.
- You may no serve your homemade Pecan Pound Cake.