- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup cocoa powder – unsweetened
- 1 cup walnuts – chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 tbs butter – unsalted, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs – room temperature
- ¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tb powdered sugar
- PREHEAT OVEN TO 350º.
- In a bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, using an electric mixer, beat together butter and sugar until light and airy. Add eggs one at a time and beat in until well combined.
- Slowly add flour mixture to form a stiff dough.
- Stir in walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Line your baking pans with parchment paper.
- Flour hands well.
- On a prepared pan, form dough into two slightly flattened logs, each 12-inches long and 2-inches wide.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until slightly firm to the touch.
- Cool biscotti on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes.
- On a cutting board cut the biscotti diagonally into slightly less than ¾-inches.
- Arrange cut side down on the baking sheet and bake until crisp, app 10 minutes.
- The chocolate will be soft but will firm up when completely cooled. Cool biscotti completely on a rack.
NOTE: Pecans work well in this recipe and I sometimes add a little vanilla or raspberry flavoring. It’s great to have a log in the freezer for times when you need something sweet in a hurry.