This fluffy treat is both simple and tasty. You might want to make two of these, because, it will disappear quickly!
For the crust:
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 2/3 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 12 Tbsp butter, slightly cooler than room temperature
For the filling:
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/3 cups brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 2 Tbsp grated lemon zest
- 3/4 cup lemon juice from 4 lemons
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter a 13″ x 9″ baking dish and sprinkle with flour.
- Mix the flour, powdered sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a blender. Once it’s mixed together, cut the butter into 1″ pieces and add it to the mixture. Process the mixture until it’s a pale yellow and has a coarse texture.
- Put the mixture into the baking dish and press it to the bottom and sides.
- Refrigerate the crust for about 30 minutes, then bake for 20 minutes.
- While you’re waiting for the crust, mix the eggs, brown sugar, and flour in a medium-
- sized bowl. Then, stir in the lemon zest, lemon juice, milk, and salt.
- Once the crust is done baking, reduce the oven’s temperature to 325 °F.
- Stir up the filling mixture, then pour it into the crust. Bake the pie until the filling feels firm (about 20 minutes).
- Move the baking pan to a wire rack and let it cool for about 30 minutes. Sprinkle some confectioner’s sugar on top, cut, and devour.