Make the best mascarpone and amaretti dessert.
- ½ CUP TOASTED ALMONDS – finely chopped
- 2 CUPS AMARETTI di SARONNO COOKIES – crushed
- ¼ CUP AMARETTI LIQUEUR
- 8 OZ MASCARPONE CHEESE
- 15 OZ RICOTTA CHEESE – drained
- ½ CUP SUGAR
- 1 TSP LEMON ZEST
- 1 TSP ORANGE ZEST
- 4 OZ CHOCOLATE CHIPS
- 1 TSP VANILLA
- 1 CUP RASPBERRY PRESERVES – strained of seeds
- Mix the chopped almonds and crushed cookies together with the liqueur and toss well to make sure all well combined.
- In a large bowl, combine the mascarpone, ricotta, sugar, zests and vanilla with electric beaters until well mixed.
- Fold in the chocolate chips. I prefer to use the mini-chocolate chips but either works.
- In a 1-quart serving bowl, layer half of the cookie mixture on the bottom, then half of the cheese mixture, repeat with cookie mixture and then cheese mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 5 hours, then top with raspberry preserves. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The best mascarpone And amaretti is now ready to be served!
Note: You can also top with a Raspberry Sauce found elsewhere in this book. However, the sauce is a little thinner.