A traditional and delicious recipe for your Thanksgiving day.
- 1 pound baby portabella mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 1 pound ground turkey, preferably dark meat
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1.5 cups grated Romano cheese
- 1.75 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1.25 cups chopped fresh parsley
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- Teaspoon salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms and chop finely. Set aside.
- In a bowl, toss the mushroom caps with the sherry and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the turkey, garlic, Romano, and parsley.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the turkey mixture and cook until cooked through, stirring frequently.
- Add the chopped mushroom stems and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add the panko crumbs and stir to combine with the other ingredients.
- Stir in the mascarpone and cook until it has melted and the mixture is creamy.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Generously fill each mushroom with the turkey mixture. Arrange filled mushrooms in a snug single layer in a baking dish.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until the stuffing is browned and crusty.