Here is the The Sweet Milk Fritters or Latte Dolce Fritto. Soft and warm, these bite-sized milk fritters are quite comforting.
- 4 cups milk
- 5 oz all-purpose flour
- 5 oz sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 lemon zest
- 3 ½ oz breadcrumbs
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- confectioners sugar to taste
- In a small saucepan, slowly add milk to the flour, stirring with a wooden spoon and making sure that the mixture doesn’t clump.
- Then place the pan on the heat.
- Once the milk begins to boil, add the sugar, lemon peel and 4 eggs, previously beaten with a fork.
- Stir and lower the heat to the minimum.
- Let cook, continuing to stir, until you have a fairly dense cream.
- Remove the pan from the heat, remove the lemon peel and spread the cream across a large plate greased with olive oil. Let cool.
- Once the cream has cooled and is fairly solid, cut into equal sized pieces.
- Dip the pieces of cream in a bowl of beaten egg yolks.
- Then dust with breadcrumbs and fry in boiling olive oil until golden.
- Remove using a skimmer and place on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve.
Source and picture: Academia Barilla