This super easy Italian cheesecake is the real deal.
Not only it is delicious but very tasty.
If you like cheesecake you are going to like this variation.
- 1 cup Honey Maid Graham Cracker Crumbs,
- 3 Tbsp. butter or margarine,
- 2 Tbsp. sugar,
- 4 cups ricotta cheese,
- 1-1/4 cups sugar,
- 1/4 cup flour,
- 1/2 cup whipping cream,
- 2 tsp. vanilla,
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest,
- 5 eggs.
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F if using a silver 9-inch springform pan (or to 325°F if using a dark nonstick 9-inch springform pan).
- Mix crumbs, butter and 2 Tbsp. sugar.
- Press firmly onto bottom of pan.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- MEANWHILE, beat ricotta cheese, 1-1/4 cups sugar and flour in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Add whipping cream, vanilla and zest; mix well.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing just until blended after each addition.
- Pour over crust.
- BAKE 1 hour and 20 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Run knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim of pan.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.