Here is the sunday Italian meatballs. If you want to prepare some fantastic meatballs, this is my special recipe for you, directly from Italy.
Serving: Makes about 12 meatballs
- 8.81 oz of ground pork;
- 8.81 oz of ground beef;
- 2 eggs;
- ¼ cup + 3 tbsp of grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese;
- 1/2 glass of milk;
- 1 tsp of salt;
1. In a bowl mix the minced meat, eggs, milk, cheese and the salt.
2. Spread a layer of breadcrumbs on a plate.
3. Make meatballs with your hands and dip them in breadcrumbs.
4. Put extra virgin olive oil in a saucepan, heat up and dip the meatballs.
5. Leave to fry for about 6 minutes and place in a dish.
6. Now you can dip them in the sauce.
7. I love to cook them for half an hour in a Bolognese sauce.
8. Alternatively, you can sauté onions; add the tomato sauce and after about ten minutes add the meatballs, continuing to cook for 30 minutes.
9. You may now serve your sunday Italian meatballs.
Note: As I have already explained to you, here in Italy there is no pasta with meatballs.Personally when cooked, I put the meatballs aside and use the sauce to season the pasta (rigatoni or fettuccine). Meatballs in my house are a perfect second course!