Our sugar-free Strawberry sponge cake. If you don’t want to give up a sugar-free delicacy, try this fantastic recipe!
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp stevia
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup erythritol
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup heavy cream, chilled
- 1 tbsp erythritol
- 1 tsp stevia
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F for 5 minutes. Grease and flour a baking tin
- Mix the flour and baking soda together by passing them through a sieve a couple of times.
- In a small bowl, combine butter with erythritol, stevia, and vanilla extract.
- Add egg yolks to a large bowl and blend with a mixer .
- Add butter mixture to the bowl with the eggs.
- Then add dry ingredients to the bowl. Mix well
- Pour the batter into the baking tin and bake 50 to 55 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on wire racks for 10 minutes
- For the frosting, add chilled cream to a bowl with erythritol, stevia and cocoa powder.
- Cut the cake in 2 equal parts. Spread the frosting on the bottom layer. Top with second cake layer and frost.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries.
- Cut the cake into slices and serve.
PLEASE NOTE: All cake ingredients need to be at room temperature.
Mix the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder and baking soda) by passing them through a sieve couple of times.
Add melted butter to a small mixing bowl. Then add erythritol and stevia to the mix
Add vanilla extract to the mix. Combine the ingredients until erythritol dissolves.
Add the eggs to a large mixing bowl
Beat the eggs with an electric mixer until they are pale yellow in color. Add the butter mix to the eggs.
Add dry ingredients (flour, baking powder and soda) to the mix.
Mix all the ingredients well with a hand mixer. Spread the cake mix in a flat pan.
Bake the cake tin in a pre-heated oven for 50 to 55 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool on the wire rack.
Assemble the ingredients for frosting.
Add chilled cream to a bowl (for better results, keep the mixing bowl in the freezer for 30 minutes before use)
Add cocoa powder, erythritol and stevia to the mix. Mix all ingredients with a hand blender
When the cake is cool, cut into 2 equal parts. Spread half of the frosting evenly on 1 part of the cake
Stack the layers. Spread rest of the frosting on the top layer.
Garnish with fresh strawberries.
Cut the cake in slices and serve your Strawberry sponge cake.