The spicy shrimp New Orleans style. A little heat, a little sweet and a whole lot of flavor!
- ¼ cup fresh parsley leaves
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup mustard
- 2 green onions – finely chopped
- 1 celery rib – finely chopped
- 2 tsp paprika
- Pinch of salt – to taste
- ¼ tsp tabasco sauce – to taste
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup cider vinegar
- ¼ cup prepared horseradish
- 2 tb ketchup – or to taste
- Pinch of sugar – optional
- 1 large garlic clove – minced
- Sprinkle of black pepper – to taste
- 3-3 ½ lbs large shrimp – cooked and peeled
- Add parsley, oil, vinegar, mustard, ketchup, horseradish, scallions, celery, garlic, paprika, sugar, Tabasco, salt, pepper to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until almost smooth with just a little texture – about 30 or 40 seconds.
- With a spatula, scrape into a separate bowl that will be large enough to hold the shrimp.
- Add the shrimp, stir well until all combined, refrigerate covered for 8-10 hours.
- Serve over cooked rice for a warm meal or shredded iceberg lettuce for a cool dish. Pass additional marinade to spoon over shrimp.
NOTE: when I make this dish to serve as a warm dish over cooked rice, I increase the marinade by half as my family likes to pour it on!