Creating this Italian steak sandwich is like painting a masterpiece. One stroke at a time, one ingredient at a time until it’s finished.
This Italian steak sandwich will surely become a family favorite. It melts in your mouth as the flavors roll off your tongue.
- 2 to 6 fillet mignon around 3/4 of an inch thick depending how many sandwiches you want to make. You could also use a nice lean butt steak or New York strip steaks but I prefer the fillet.
- 1 can of diced plum tomatoes
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- 8 baby portobello mushrooms sliced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 onion sliced
- 4 or 5 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 tsp of dried oregano
- 1 tsp of dried basil
- 3 0r 4 Tbls butter
- 1 tsp of fresh ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese
- 2 to 6 Italian dinner rolls
- Sprinkle steaks with salt, pepper, oregano and basil.
- Broil steaks however you like them, medium, rare or well done.
- Saute the vegetables in oil until soft and a little browned then add the tomatoes for a few minutes.
- Slice dinner rolls in half and spread with butter and garlic.
- Sprinkle rolls with a little oregano and Parmesan cheese.
- Broil until golden brown. Watch the broiler and don’t walk away. I burn garlic bread all the time. I should take my own advice.
- Place the steaks on the garlic bread and pile on the peppers and tomato mixture and your ready to mangia.