Here is the delightful Spaghetti with puttanesca sauce. Olives, fresh tomato, anchovies and capers give this quick and simple dish its intense and unforgettable flavor.
SERVINGS: Serves 6
- 1 ¼ lb spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 desalted anchovies, pounded in a mortar with a pestle
- 3 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 7 oz black olives, pitted and sliced in half
- 1 tablespoon salted capers, rinsed and roughly chopped
- 1 ¼ lb tomatoes, peeled and cut into thin slices
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Place a large sauce pan on the heat and melt the butter and olive oil.
- Then add the thinly sliced garlic and pounded anchovies.
- When the garlic begins to turn golden and the anchovies have dissolved, add the olives, capers and tomatoes.
- Cook over high heat for a few seconds, stirring continuously.
- In the meanwhile, cook the spaghetti until al dente in a large pot of boiling, salted water.
- Then drain and transfer the pasta to a serving bowl.
- Toss with the sauce and sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve hot.
Source and picture: Academia Barilla