One of the most famous Italian dish: Spaghetti with Cheese and Pepper or Spaghetti cacio e pepe.
Total Time: 25 minutes
Serving: 6 serving
- 12 oz Spaghetti
- 2 cups Pecorino Romano cheese, freshly grated
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Drain pasta and reserve 3/4 cup cooking water.
- Return cooking water to the pot and place over low heat.
- Add 1¾ cups cheese, butter, a generous amount of freshly ground pepper and whisk until cheese and butter have melted, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- When cheese is melted and smooth, add pasta back to pot, toss and heat through.
- Season to taste with salt (and more pepper if needed)
- Serve your Spaghetti with cheese and pepper sprinkled with remaining cheese.