- 1 ¼ cups flour
- 1 tsps cream of tartar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup butter – softened
- 1 egg – room temperature
- 1 tb ground cinnamon – or to taste
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- extra sugar and cinnamon – for rolling
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg.
- Sift all dry ingredients together and add to creamed mixture and mix in very well.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or even overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375º Convection or 400º Regular Oven.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk cinnamon and the sugar (your choice of amounts) in a separate bowl.
- Using a 1-inch ice cream scoop, portion out cookies and roll into little balls, the size of large walnuts, using your hands.
- Roll the balls in the cinnamon-sugar mixture and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Space them apart as they will spread while baking.
- Bake just until edges are slightly browned and firm but the centers are puffed, about 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool on baking sheets for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.