Here is the pleasant Sicilian-style stuffed peppers. This is a typical Italian recipe. The flavors of Sicily are present in the anchovies and capers.
SERVINGS: Serves 4
- 4 bell peppers
- ½ lb breadcrumbs
- 4 tomatoes
- 4 salted anchovies
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 ¾ oz caciocavallo cheese
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- basil to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- With the tip of a knife, core and eliminate the seeds of the peppers.
- Then, cut them in half, taking care not to break them.
- Separately, lightly pan-toast the breadcrumbs.
- Season with salt, pepper and abundant basil.
- Add the grated Caciocavallo, the capers, tomatoes and anchovies in small pieces.
- Mix everything together, dash with some oil, and then use the mixture to stuff the peppers.
- Put them into a greased oven pan, drizzle with a little more oil, cover with a sheet of aluminum, and put in a hot oven (400° F).
- Remove the sheet of aluminum after 15 minutes and continue cooking for another 10, adding (if necessary) some more oil.
- Serve warm or cold.
Source: Academia Barilla