Here is the awesome Sicilian grilled chicken. Pollo Toscano con Salsa di Mandorle e Pomodoro
- 1/3 almonds
- 2 large garlic cloves
- salt and freshly ground pepper – to taste
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes – chopped
- 1/3 cup freshly grated cheese
- 4-5 tbs extra virgin olive oil – or as needed
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- In a food processor, or a blender, add the almonds, garlic, basil, salt and pepper and pulse a few times.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, cheese, olive oil and process until finely chopped.
- If not looking loose, add a little more olive oil or a small bit of water.
- Heat a barbeque grill or grill pan. Brush with oil.
- Salt and pepper the chicken and place on the grill.
- Cook 4 minutes of just until cooked through.
- Transfer chicken to a platter or individual serving plates.
- Spoon on the prepared sauce and serve your Sicilian grilled chicken hot or at room temperature.
What a great dish and a real crowd pleaser. Simple and delicious. Surely everybody would be delighted to have this in their table.