Sformato di Ricotta Con Gamberi
Sformato is essentially a flan!
- 2 Zucchini – coarsely chopped
- 2 Shallots – coarsely chopped
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil – divided
- 1 ½ cups whole milk ricotta – drained
- 3 egg whites
- 16 cherry Tomatoes
- 12 Large Shrimp
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- Preheat Oven to 350º.
- Sauté the zucchini and shallots in 2 tablespoons of the olive oil until they begin to soften and get slightly golden.
- Remove from the heat.
- Beat the ricotta and the egg whites with a whisk on your electric mixer for about 5 or 6 minutes, add in some salt and freshly ground pepper and carefully stir in the zucchini and shallots.
- Butter a round baking or souffle dish with sides high enough to allow the Sformato to rise (even though it will fall again so when it does do not be concerned) and pour in the ricotta mixture.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes until the top begins to get golden and the risen Sformato is firm.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half or quarters and sauté them in the other tablespoon of olive oil.
- Squash them down with a fork. Peel the shrimp and heat them in the same oil until just cooked and become pink.
- Place the hot baking dish containing the Sformato in the center of a large platter, top with the tomatoes and surround on the plate with the shrimp.
- Serve by spooning out a portion of the Sformato onto a dish, include a few tomatoes and place a few shrimp along side.