This can be a delicious appetizer.
However, it can also be a satisfying meal served
With rice or a salad and crusty Italian bread.
- 1 Lemon – sliced thinly
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbs. fresh chives – minced
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 lb. large shrimp – cleaned
- 2 tsps. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Finely mince a few slices of the lemon and stir into the mayonnaise with the chives and lemon juice in a bowl. Cover with plastic and set in refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat your grill and season your grill plate.
- Peel and devein the shrimp and put in a bowl, drizzle with olive and a sprinkle of paprika and salt. Stir to coat the shrimp so that it is covered all over.
- Cook the shrimp on the prepared grill until they are bright pink and the inside is no longer transparent. This will take about 2-3 minutes on each side. Transfer the shrimp to a platter and serve with the lemon aioli with a few lemon slices on the side.
- Don’t forget the crusty Italian bread to sop up any juices!