1 CUP BUTTER – room temp
¾ CUP SUGAR
1 ½ CUPS FLOUR
1 CUP SWEETENED COCONUT
½ CUP SESAME SEEDS
PINCH OF CAYENNE – optional
¼ CUP ALMONDS – finely chopped, not minced
- Using your stand mixer or a hand mixer, add butter and sugar to the bowl and beat until light, creamy and fluffy – about 6-8 minutes. Add flour and cayenne, if using, and mix just until combined.
- Gently stir in coconut, sesame seeds and almonds. Chill for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough in half and shape each portion into a 2-inch diameter roll.
- Wrap each roll in wax paper or plastic wrap, twisting ends to seal well. Refrigerate for a few hours or even overnight.
- Remove rolls from wrappings and cut dough into ¼-inch slices.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets and bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until lightly browned.
- Cool for a few minutes and remove to wire racks to cool completely.
NOTE: This is one of those recipes that I like to make and freeze one of the rolls so that when I need a quick appetizer, I can just pull a roll out of the freezer, cut and bake. Around the holidays I will make double and triple batches to freeze. However, I make each batch individually I just don’t double or triple the recipe.