One of the most famous Italian food classic!!!
Here’s a great easy dinner recipe, especially if you are looking for tasty sausage recipes for dinner.
Sausage, peppers, onions and potatoes in the oven.
I’ve also included an equally delicious variation that adds pieces of chicken and crushed tomatoes to the mix.
Both versions are personal favorites of mine.
Mom use to make this great easy baked sausage recipe for dinner regularly. She learned to make it by watching her Italian-American sister-in-law prepare it back in the early 1960s, so it’s an easy recipe that has stood the test of time in our family.
I still enjoy this dish as much as when I was a kid.
While Mom always made it with Italian sausage made from pork, I often use Italian chicken or turkey sausage instead.
Recipe from: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/214500/sausage-peppers-onions-and-potato-bake
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 pounds Italian sausage links, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and thickly sliced
- 2 large green bell peppers, seeded and cut into wedges
- 2 large red bell peppers, seeded and cut into wedges
- 3 large onions, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and cook and stir the sausage until browned. Transfer the cooked sausage to a large baking dish. Pour 1/4 cup of olive oil into the skillet, and cook the potatoes, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 10 minutes. Place the potatoes into the baking dish, leaving some oil. Cook and stir the green and red peppers and onions in the hot skillet until they are beginning to soften, about 5 minutes. Add the vegetables to the baking dish. Pour wine and chicken stock over the vegetables and sausage, and sprinkle with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Gently stir the sausage, potatoes, and vegetables together.
- Bake in the preheated oven until hot and bubbling, 20 to 25 minutes. Serve hot.