Here is the best recipe Salame al Cioccolato or Chocolate Salame. A sweet and irresistible temptation.
It doesn’t need to be cooked, and it’s so easy to prepare that you can make it with your children.
Total time: 20 minutes
- 3 ½ oz sugar
- 3 ½ oz butter
- 3 ½ oz unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 ½ oz almonds, or hazelnuts
- 7 oz dry biscuits
- 1 egg
- Before you begin to make the chocolate salame, remove the butter from the refrigerator and allow it to soften for a couple of minutes.
- Meanwhile, crush the dry biscuits by placing them in a dishtowel and pounding them with a meat-pounder, or directly with your hands.
- If you want to mix the dough with your hands, when the butter is soft enough, place it in a bowl with the rest of the ingredients and begin mixing.
- If you prefer to work with a spoon, begin by working the butter in a bowl until creamy.
- Then add the sugar, egg and chocolate, one ingredient at a time.
- Continue mixing until your dough is smooth, and then add the cookies and peeled almonds.
- Roll the dough into a 2-in wide log and wrap it first in plastic wrap, then in aluminum foil.
- Place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes so that it hardens.
- Then slice the salame and serve.
Source: Academia Barilla