This simple succulent Roasted Lemon Chicken recipe is absorbed with delicious citrus, garlic and oregano flavor. Served with roasted potatoes and vegetables, this dish makes a great meal anytime.
The lemons are used in many Italian specialties from desserts to fish. But best of all, they are used to make Lemoncello liquor. Throughout the coastline individual families produce their own version of this delicious after dinner drink.
- One 4 to 5 pound roasting chicken
- 1/4 cup of extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbls of butter
- 3 lemons
- 2 Tbls of lemon zest
- 1 tsp of dried oregano
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of fresh ground black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Separate the skin on top of the chicken to form a pocket.
- Place a couple of pats of butter and slices of lemon under the skin of the chicken.
- Rub the chicken all over with the olive oil and season with salt, pepper, garlic, lemon zest and oregano.
- Then squeeze the remaining lemon all over the top.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Place the chicken on a v-shaped rack in a roasting pan.
- Then roast for around 20 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 375 degrees and roast for 40 minutes more until juices run clear.
- After which, put the chicken in a plate and spoon the remaining juice from the pan over the top.
- Your roasted lemon chicken is now ready to be served!